See, I know how to work this thing. Now, all I need is a TV.
So, the first airplane trip with Miles was okay. Thankfully, both legs of the journey we ended up with a row to ourselves. This made a huge difference I think. Miles could sit and/or lay down to play. He really handled the whole day so well. He didn't nap too much, so by the end of the day, he was a little overtired. Remarkably he still had a cheerful demeanor....until.....
as you may or may not know, we surprised my mom by showing up with my sister (she knew Stephanie was coming). So, my mom just pulled up outside baggage claim to pick her up. Okay, no problem. I run outside into steamy, rainy jungle weather and lo and behold, she was surprised. Now for OUR surprise. She brought her dog with her, a big furry, bearlike German Shepherd. Well, I start to put Miles in the car and Angel decides to stay hello. She inches over to the car seat to sniff-so picture a giant dog head poking into the carseat. Suddenly, a scream I haven't heard before came flying out of Miles. It was terror, pure unadulterated terror. Poor tired guy. I whisked him out of the car, ran back inside to regroup with Stephanie. Back outside. Have I mentioned the rainy, steamy jungle weather. We're sticky and sweaty, not to mention exhausted. I tried the carseat again, keeping a hand up to push the dog back. No way. More terror. More whisking out of the car. In the meantime, both the suitcases won't fit. Although, they tried really hard, it's just not happening. So, at this point, I did what any sane person would do, I rented a car. Problem solved. No German Shepherd. Suitcases fit and we're back in business. I GPS'd my way home and ended the ride with Miles screaming-overtired and didn't fall asleep in the car. Thankfully, Wheels on the Bus seemed to help and 50 verses later we were home!
No comments:
Post a Comment