Friday, November 12, 2010

Grandma Julie is the best!


Yep, that's a penguin on the door. Hmmmmm.....


Yep, that's a penguin by my leg. Wait....what???!!!


And a penguin by Grandma Julie's foot....


The star: a Gentoo penguin

So, Grandma Julie came to town for a quick visit and we headed to the Salt Lake Aquarium. She surprised us with a behind-the-scenes visit with the penguins. The Penguin Encounter. I wasn't sure Miles was going to be too patient, or too excited about being in a room with penguins. Turns out, he did just fine. There were a few moments when he didn't want to be held, but overall, he seemed quite interested and curious. The hardest point was when the handler opened the container of penguin toys. It was filled to the brim with....you guessed it....balls! Miles seriously wanted to get down on the floor with the penguins to play with the tennis balls. (wait, maybe this would help with his goat problem) Anyway, I had to keep telling him they were the penguin's balls and he had to stay on Mama's lap. He bought it, for the most part. I was actually more freaked out than him. The penguins come and nibble on your leg. NOT okay. The handler eventually came and stood by me to protect me from the ferocious little critters. This made me much calmer. Thanks Grandma Julie, so much fun!!!! (oh and you get a little sneak peek at my new haircut. It's all chopped off and I love it! I feel like myself again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment