Friday, December 10, 2010

Please



So, the sign language is still slow going. Miles communicates a lot, but still doesn't seem too excited about signing. The weird thing, he'll randomly choose words to learn here and there. For example, we've been signing bread, cheese, apple and water for months now. Then, he learns hat (from a book) and please in a second! The hysterical thing about please is that he uses it to get us to do EVERYTHING for him (and it's hard to resist because I just find it so darn cute!). Please get my ball. Please more food. Please get this. Please get that. I guess that might have a little to do with the context in which I taught the sign. I started it with 'help please'. He didn't want to learn the sign for help, I guess he figured he didn't need to, and...he was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment