Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tracy Aviary

This past weekend was gorgeous and so we celebrated by getting out of the house and into the fresh air at Tracy Aviary. We walked down (it's in Liberty Park) and then strolled through the grounds. Hard to believe, but I had never been-in all the years I've lived here, I had never gone to the Aviary. Well, not that hard to believe, I have a love/distrust relationship with birds...dinosaurs anyone??? Anyway, it turned out to be so fun! The birds were amazing, so beautiful. I cannot believe the things that exist in nature-the colors, the forms-all I can say is wow! Miles seemed to enjoy himself. He pondered a few of the exhibits and had a great time running through the paths.


Great expression don't you think? I can't remember what we were looking at, but I love this face!



Flamingos!!


I had to include this bird-a Ground Hornbill. Can you see the eyelashes? Yes, eyelashes! Apparently, they live where it's dry and dusty and this helps, but the look was so incredible I couldn't leave without a photo. It seemed like a cartoon, I actually expected this bird to start talking to us. It didn't help that he/she kept following us around the fence with a very direct/curious gaze. I honestly didn't know what to do with my emotions-it was that bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment