So, that pile of cars has been missing for weeks and the doll head-for months! I was actually going a little crazy wondering what on earth had happened to all his matchbox cars. One day, the basket was empty and I couldn't find them anywhere-just like that. There are not too many places to lose or hide things in our house and I looked everywhere. I searched the dog crates, laundry baskets, drawers, under furniture, behind couch cushions, in the closets and found nothing....absolutely nothing. I had kind of given up on the doll head, although it was always in the back of my mind, taunting me. I thought maybe the dogs had eaten it, but never had any telltale signs, like little bits of wood, and they are never that thorough. Fast forward to last week. I came out of our bedroom and Miles met me near the door. In his hand was a dump truck, a MISSING dump truck to be exact. Immediately, I started scouting around, I knew it had to have come from nearby. And then, it hit me, the back of the big, comfy chair-of course! There is a little flap of fabric that Velcros open and closed, making the perfect little pouch. I took a peek inside and found the whole pile of loot you see above-including the doll head!!! Hilarious! It's crazy to think I had never even seen him do this or express any interest in the back of that chair. He must have been very busy while I was washing dishes, doing laundry or otherwise occupied. I was so relieved to find that doll head, it's a little ridiculous. Nice to have our mystery solved too!
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Secret stash
So, that pile of cars has been missing for weeks and the doll head-for months! I was actually going a little crazy wondering what on earth had happened to all his matchbox cars. One day, the basket was empty and I couldn't find them anywhere-just like that. There are not too many places to lose or hide things in our house and I looked everywhere. I searched the dog crates, laundry baskets, drawers, under furniture, behind couch cushions, in the closets and found nothing....absolutely nothing. I had kind of given up on the doll head, although it was always in the back of my mind, taunting me. I thought maybe the dogs had eaten it, but never had any telltale signs, like little bits of wood, and they are never that thorough. Fast forward to last week. I came out of our bedroom and Miles met me near the door. In his hand was a dump truck, a MISSING dump truck to be exact. Immediately, I started scouting around, I knew it had to have come from nearby. And then, it hit me, the back of the big, comfy chair-of course! There is a little flap of fabric that Velcros open and closed, making the perfect little pouch. I took a peek inside and found the whole pile of loot you see above-including the doll head!!! Hilarious! It's crazy to think I had never even seen him do this or express any interest in the back of that chair. He must have been very busy while I was washing dishes, doing laundry or otherwise occupied. I was so relieved to find that doll head, it's a little ridiculous. Nice to have our mystery solved too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment