Wednesday, July 6, 2011

20 months!

A few random shots from our recent vacation/friend's wedding. We had a great time-more posts to follow.


He can spot the smallest bit of trash (aka treasures) on the ground and makes a beeline for it every time. This was an abandoned straw he found. It's really quite shocking how much litter is strewn around.

The typical, excited ball face!


hilarious.

Here we are at 20 months already! Miles is still not very verbal, but he uses the sign language he knows to it's full capacity. The other day he was able to communicate that he had cat hair in his mouth (one of the hazards of living in this house). I'm trying to teach him some more signs, since I think that will help all of us. In the meantime, he uses the words he can say like a broken record. I'm sure he has sentences going on in his head like, "Mama, the ball is under the dresser, can you help me please." However, this is what I hear: "mama, mama, mama, mama" followed by some frustrated noises if I'm not fast enough!
In a funny twist, he has also started calling me "mommy." No idea where he picked it up, since we don't really say it. It's pretty cute, but also a good reminder to really start watching what I say.
Still in love with balls and cars. Seriously, I think he had a ball in his hand every minute of our vacation! He was a trooper on the car ride, but I think it was just too much to ask of a toddler.
We only have on tooth left to come in. He got three new teeth while on vacation. Yeah for ibuprofen!
We're trying to get back into our schedule now here at home. He's doing better with his sleeping, but still no real consistency through the night.
We have an outdoor boy on our hands. He loves to get outside EVERY chance he gets. This is great, but considering how much he hates getting sunscreen applied, well, it slows us down sometimes.
Overall, he's a happy, easy kid. We've entered into some stubborn challenges lately-like wanting to touch the fan....constantly! However, this is no surprise considering his age. Is it really possible that 2 is right around the corner??

1 comment:

  1. I love his fervent use of sign language! :) The mommy thing is funny - Isaac calls me that about half the time and I'm not sure where he picked it up, either.

    ReplyDelete