Sunday, October 2, 2011

Why? (and 23 months!)


Why the lack of posts? Well, everytime I get the camera out, this is the shot I get. Miles dramatically trying to grab the camera. So, I'm guessing until this phase passes, there won't be very many cute pictures to show you. In the meantime, he just turned 23 months old. Next month, I'll have a two-year old! What has he been up to? Well, he still loves cars and balls. You can see the Mega Blocks in the background that our neighbor gave us. She brought it over while we were outside and as soon as he discovered there were cars in the box, he was overjoyed! It's funny to try to recap his growth and development. There are so many changes, but they feel so incremental and subtle sometimes, that I forget all that has happened in a month. He continues to be more and more independent. He's starting to express a slight interest in dressing and undressing himself, working on zippers, pant legs and pulling shirts off his head. Along with this, he's gotten the tiniest bit more adventurous with eating. Oh, and I've noticed a huge leap in wanting to imitate other kids. Especially if they're climbing on stuff. He's gotten pretty bold at the playground, climbing up curved ladders and railings. It's pretty fun, but also a little tough to watch. Overall, can't say our approach to two has been too terrible yet, so fingers crossed that we'll continue ahead with smooth sailing!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute. Lucky for you that he's showing interest in dressing/undressing! Isaac has yet to hit that stage. 2 years old - ah! It's coming. Here's to terrific twos! :)

    ReplyDelete