HOORAY! Being three months old is SO FUN!!
Well, the biggest news is my mom has arrived! She made it into town this Thursday and has gotten settled pretty quickly. It's so hard to believe. I'm guessing it will sink in soon that she's here to stay and not just on an extended vacation. She starts her new job on Monday. Welcome to Utah Nana!
Miles is still charming as ever and still LOTS of work (this will never end, I know). We've actually heard a laugh or two out of him, but like those first few smiles, they're a bit elusive. The best one was when Craig's beard tickled his neck. So cute. I can't wait to see what makes him chuckle and to hear it more frequently.
He's getting better at opening his fist and actually grasping on to things. Won't be long until everything within his reach goes straight to his mouth.
Still trying hard to roll over. We'll be baby proofing very soon I think!
Napping is still tough, but my cousin, Serene, pointed me in the direction of a great book. The no-cry nap solution by Elizabeth Pantley. Thanks Serene! I love it....the book is very mellow and very positive. Her approach is loving and respectful. Basically, her philosophy is if it works for your family, great, keep it up. If not, here are some things to try. However, it's all very gentle, which is easier for me to swallow. Interestingly, based on some of the advice in the book, Miles is currently on hour two of a nap. Previously, I was lucky to get 45 minutes out of him. Of course, this is the first time trying her 'trick', so we'll see. I've seen big improvements already though and apparently, napping doesn't really get organized until about four months old. So, I'm guessing next months post will have a lot to say about that! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment