Saturday, January 23, 2010

Twelve week update

Miles surprises us almost every day now. He's changing so much and so fast. Nap time continues to improve. Today we actually had some concentrated sleeping in the crib. Amazing. We're just taking it slow. His system is maturing and it seems that sleeping is getting easier for him. This bodes well for me, because I would love, love, love to be able to get a nap or two in during the week. I'm still playing catch up. Night time is also falling into a rhythm. He's been pretty consistent with 6 (and occasionally 7 or even 8 hours) for the first stretch, followed by another 2 to 3. I hope I'm not tempting fate by mentioning this-I've become very superstitious. I don't want to lose any precious sleep ground we've gained.

He still loves to look around and is noticing more and more of his surroundings. He gets so excited when we dangle toys in front of him-his whole body gets involved-lots of kicking and arm waving. The favorite item right now though is his fist. He will spend a lot of concentrated time looking at it, moving it and chewing on it. Incredibly fascinating to him!

We finally had some green air quality days this last week, which was wonderful. This meant we could actually get out of the house and do some walking with the dogs. The stroller/car seat thing is working out much better these days. I just time the walks around one of his naps and it's been working so far. We've even had a couple of lunch dates at Aunt Mary's via walking. Very fun and nice to have a change of surroundings.

I would like to point out that in the pictures below, Miles is wearing a hat that I made. If you know me, you know that this is actually a miracle. Not only did I finish a project, but I finished it in time for it to fit his head! I'm very proud, as this might not ever be repeated!

His smiles continue to melt our hearts. He seems to be on the verge of laughing, just waiting for the right moment I guess. He also has become quite the chatterbug. Lots of vocalizations.

And a word on cloth diapering. I love it! I've actually become a little obsessed. We have enough now that we've essentially stopped using disposables. I find it quite fun, especially the not filling the garbage can part. This surprises me because I seriously thought I'd be too lazy to embrace the whole process. Who knew.




No comments:

Post a Comment