On the way to our first arch, I believe it was Landscape Arch. Miles wasn't too keen to walk on the sand, so there was a fair bit of carrying that happened too.
Climbing rocks!
We went on our first family camping trip May 12-15th in Moab, UT. I broke it down into a few posts to make it more manageable.We arrived in town late afternoon on a Saturday and were greeted with no open campsites and an entirely booked town. sigh. There was some race taking place, so all the hotels were to vacancy or charging exorbitant rates. double sigh. We were tired, hungry and wanting to get out of the car. We did finally find a reasonably priced hotel, got some food and stretched our legs. The good news? Having visited every freaking campsite in Moab, we knew exactly where we were headed the next day. But, alas, those campers weren't leaving. So, we moved on to site B and thankfully nabbed one of the only sites available with shade. This is key when camping in the desert. So, when all was said and done, we ended up in a pretty good spot and were finally able to break out the tent!
I woild love to go camping with you all sometime! Sign me up! I'll even walk in the sand!
ReplyDelete