Monday, June 4, 2012

Crazy hair


This has become a favorite word for Miles lately, 'crazy.'  As in, 'the dogs are going crazy' or 'Dad, I want to go crazy with you!'* Another favorite: 'tricky.'  I was trying to coach him on how to pull his bin of trains across the carpet instead of picking it up and he told me, 'the carpet is kind of tricky.'  ha!  Also, different balancing feats, like standing on one leg or sitting on the foot rest of his high chair are considered tricky. Or, sometimes, he'll call it a 'funny trick.' His cars and trains like to do 'funny tricks' all the time-they pile up on top of each other or turn upside down. I've gotten kind of terrible at writing this stuff down and he's gotten to the stage of creating more and more cute little expressions. I'm going to have to keep that pen and paper more handy!

*this involves running like mad around and around our house, getting scared when Dad jumps out from behind a door, throwing oneself on the bed and getting tickled and just general mayhem and laughter!  This would also be a good time to note that Miles has taken a much greater interest in spending time with his Dad.  It's not that he wouldn't, he just preferred me for everything-getting his drink of water, helping him with the toilet, playing cars, etc!  I'm happy to report I spent the whole morning working on a yard sale this past Saturday and Miles didn't seek me out once!  He waved to me out the window, but he was absolutely, 100% content playing with his Dad all morning.  It's even gotten to the point where he's told me to leave a time or two while he's been hanging out with Craig-hooray! A big shift for us here in the Evan's household-nice to feel a little more balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment