I can't believe I have a four year old now. This birthday has been especially poignant for me. For some reason, the leap from 4 to 5 seems huge. It feels like we will be officially entering 'childhood' soon and quite frankly, I'm not sure if I'm ready. I love the new independence and sophistication that comes with his growing mind, but watching time press forward and saying good-bye to the baby/toddler years is more bittersweet than I imagined.
Miles had a terrible cold during his birthday week, so all party plans (basically a quiet family dinner), quickly went out the window. He missed a week of school, so we didn't celebrate there and had a quiet dinner at home, just the three of us. I don't think he minded too much. Presents sort of trickled in all week, so it was actually a nice way to celebrate. Four years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment