The lumberjack is back! Good thing I saved the hatchet last year.
Trick-or-treating got off to a rough start because the house at the end of our street loves to play LOUD, spooky music every year. Miles was quite brave at first, running outside with dad, listening too it and declaring "it wasn't too spooky." However, when it came time, finally, to head outside for candy collecting, he wouldn't budge. He wanted to pass out candy, he didn't want to go, etc, etc. We finally figured out it was the music blaring from the spooky house bothering him. Now, you may wonder, why on earth we would pressure him to go out? Good question! Mainly, I think it boils down to: A) it's fun and Craig was really looking forward to having that experience with him and B) we didn't really want his anxiety about the spooky music house to get the best of him. We tried everything, and I mean everything! We were about to throw in the towel, when I remembered the noise canceling headphones Craig bought me recently. These are the kind construction workers wear, so they do a great job. I convinced him to put them on over his hat, Craig promised to go the other direction, away from the spooky house and they were off! It worked! Another Halloween saved. Surprisingly, he didn't eat too much of his candy this year. M&M's were the favorite, followed by a couple candy bars, but after that, he didn't eat much and/or threw away ones he didn't like. So, overall, we ended up making out like bandits.
No comments:
Post a Comment