Thursday, December 24, 2009

Eight weeks old

Well, here we are at eight weeks old. Hard to believe. I still feel like I'm stuck in some kind of crazy time warp. Some days, I'm still lucky to get dressed by noon. Which brings me to my current dilemma: finding myself again. It is so easy to get lost in the demands of parenthood, especially with a young infant. I'm currently in negotiations to remember the importance of taking care of myself. It's so easy to get lost in putting the baby's needs first ALL the time that I often push myself way down on the totem pole. We're making progress though. Miles is doing so much better, he's really turning into a baby. His awake times are full of smiles and cooing. He is so talkative now-extremely charming. The crying fits seem to be abating. We have had very few these days. The only crying now is related to being hungry, tired or being placed in the evil, evil car seat (my friend Russin is letting us borrow a different model for a bit to see if that makes a difference-stay tuned!). Actually, even the car rides have gotten better. I really think we've turned a corner. Big, huge sigh of relief. With the holidays these past few months, we've had a chance to try our hand at lots of dinner parties. Miles is great. He sleeps, eats and then gets held by lots of volunteers. It's a wonderful feeling to raise a baby amongst such great family and friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment