Things continue to get better and better, plus, he's more and more smiley and that certainly smoothes over any of the crying bouts we might have. We're still trying to work out a nighttime routine, since this is generally the trickiest time. Thankfully, he's a good sleeper at night, waking only to nurse and then goes back to sleep. Knock on wood that this will continue! Some major milestones this week: he gave me a few nights with 4 hour stretches of sleep-felt like heaven. Also, yesterday, he took a three hour nap in the cosleeper. Again- felt like heaven. I am also figuring out a strategy with the stroller/car seat combo. I try to head out when he has a full belly and/or is ready for a nap. Then, the protesting is not as fierce and he sleeps while I walk the dogs. I think I made it out twice this week so far. This is a huge deal everyone!
He still struggles with daytime napping and being able to settle himself and then stay asleep. Fortunately, he's been more accepting of the pacifier lately, which helps him relax. He really fights falling asleep, but we're patient and commited to helping learn to soothe himself and fall/stay asleep easily.
He's tracking objects and pictures like crazy. Craig (with the help of some coworkers) made some wonderful graphic cards that he enjoys. He has also started tracking our faces when we're talking to him or moving around him. He's very chatty and smiley first thing in the morning, which is a delighful way to start the day. Overall, he continues to be a darling and cuddly baby!


This was my attempt to catch a smile. It's really hard to be the one trying to elicit the smile AND capture it with the camera. It's more of a bemused expression, but trust me, the smile was there!
No comments:
Post a Comment