Thursday, December 10, 2009

Six Weeks

This has been an incredibly trying week. We've had several nights of inconsolable crying, combined with 1 1/2 hour wake up intervals at night. He finds it very hard to settle himself and we're trying hard to help him with that. However, the light at the end of the tunnel has appeared. Last night, I had two 3 hour stretches of sleep and today, there has been very little screaming (of course, the real test arrives at 5 pm, since the evening is the truly hard time). He is getting better at soothing himself, but still needs our help to get him started. And today, the miracle that almost made me cry....he found his thumb. He only sucked it for a few minutes, but he found it and went back to it several times. This will be a huge help because the pacifier is given the cold shoulder every time it's offered. He is sincerely offended that we put that thing anywhere NEAR his mouth. Anyway, I feel a bit more sane today and I've heard the six week mark is magical. There has been quite a bit of fun interacting today. Also, we're getting a little body work for Miles to help work out the kinks left behind from his birth. He was pummeled in a very weird position for quite some time. I think it's helping.

He continues to outgrow the length of his outfits rather quickly. I'm running out of clothes and need to go dig through the 3-6 month box already. I'm curious to see how long he is at the next visit.

He really digs the new set-up for photos:




Check out my double chin!

No comments:

Post a Comment